Thursday, August 23, 2012

A dollar in dimes


Back by *popular* demand, here are more really catchy songs with, well, pretty dumb lyrics. And where else can I start but with...

Carly Rae Jepsen, "Call Me Maybe"
Before you came into my lifeI missed you so badI missed you so badI missed you so, so bad

No. Just no. That's not how it works, Carly Rae. You can't miss something you've never had. Even Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey know that.


Eminem/Rihanna, "Love the Way You Lie"
Now you get to watch her leave out the windowGuess that's why they call it window "pain"

Some word plays are witty. And some are just "pain"ful.


Hanson, "MMMBop"
In an mmmbop they're goneIn an mmm bop they're not there

Does it still count as scat if used in a sentence as noun? How is this so catchy? And yet it is. I'm totally listening to this on YouTube and reliving junior high right now. (For some reason this reminds me of mowing the lawn at my parents' house.) And for some unknown reason the song made a comeback (not, like, everywhere; just a handful of us in Rexburg) one summer in college.

Now I need to listen to something else before I break out in plaid or something.


Spice Girls, "Wannabe"
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha

I don't know what this means. But I love the Spice Girls. Girl power!


Eiffel 65, "Blue (Da Ba De)"
I'm blue da ba dee da ba dieda ba dee da ba dieda ba dee da ba die

Many years ago I heard someone say that the lyrics said "I'm blue. If I was green I would die." Apparently that isn't true, but maybe it's food for thought.


Justin Bieber, "Boyfriend"
So say hello to falsetto in three, two...

Love this. Where else could you get a formal introduction to a voice tone. (Outside of, say, Mandarin 101.) For a minute there, Biebs, I thought you were all grown up. But then you sang about Buzz Lightyear and the world is thankfully back to normal.

Now moving on to his girlfriend...


Selena Gomez & the Scene, "Love You Like a Love Song"
I, I love you like a love song, babyAnd I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat

I hate song stuttering. Except when I love it. In this case I just *might* love it.


Taylor Swift, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
But we are never ever ever ever getting back togetherLike, ever...

I kinda hate that Taylor is on this list. But, yeah, the song is catchy. And if I had a dime for every relationship of mine that's been like this song...well...I'd probably have at least a dollar. A dollar in dimes.

4 comments:

  1. Ha Ha this cracks me up!!! I need to start listening to lyrics more it's comical what we love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the smile tonight. I am excited for the next edition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I remember when MmmBop made a brief comeback in college. Jared was obsessed and it exploded from there. And I agree-I hate song stuttering. One main reason why I dislike Lady Gaga. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, true! I love Gaga, but Poker Face is annoying.

      Delete